The KITE™ Service Desk will be hosting KITE Launch Days, September 19–30, to help technology directors and test coordinators prepare districts for testing with Career Pathways® assessments (cPass®). The Service Desk will be available for focused support to help get ready for testing. The first objective is to install and run KITE Client (3.0) on the devices where students will test. The second objective is for the KITE technology team to provide fast and friendly assistance in this process. To access support quickly, contact our KITE Open Forum conference line, or contact the Service Desk at its normal number.
First – KITE Client (3.0)
- The release date for KITE Client 3.0 is September 16, 2016. For iPads, the release may not be available until the following week.
- Installing 3.0 is required, and devices will not update to 3.0 automatically.
- Students attempting to use an older version will see a message to install the latest version. See image below.
- The 3.0 download, instructions, and supported platforms are found on our KITE Requirements page.
- Anyone can install 3.0 to supported devices (with local permission). Districts or schools may rely on their technology specialist to push 3.0 out to devices. Contact your district technology staff for assistance.
- HINT: Windows users need to delete older KITE Client folders from your Program Files (x86) folder before installing. (See KITE Requirements page for install instructions.)
- We encourage getting set up now and knowing district test window dates.
- Download and install KITE Client 3.0 on testing devices.
- Log into a practice exam (see below), and test on devices, platforms, and Internet connections that your school will typically use.
- If needed, work with a classroom or several students to repeat step 3 above.
- Confirm that the test items and system work as expected.
- If you are pushing software out to devices, confirm that the push worked.
Second – KITE Support and Helpful Information
KITE Open Forum (a new event to support district staff)
Call: 877-278-868, PIN: 233244
Sept. 19–21 and 26–28, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Central time
cPass® Service Desk
Released Practice Tests
Locate the Guide to Practice Activities and Released Testlets:
http://dynamiclearningmaps.org » Assessments » Operational Testing » Select State
KITE Client 3.0 Supported Platforms and Devices
- Desktops and laptops running Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
- Desktops and laptops running OS X 10.10 or 10.11
- Chromebooks (running Chrome OS)
- iPads running iOS 9
KITE Educator Portal Supported Browsers
- Firefox 38.7.1 or above
- Safari 9.0.3 or above
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome 35 and above
Resources: cPass® and KITE
KITE Client 3.0 download and instructions: https://careerpathways.us/requirements